Violence of any sort has many roots. 99% of the time, there are warning signs of workplace violence. That is why this workshop takes a comprehensive look at workplace violence: how to prevent it on an individual and an organizational level, and how to respond to it if it does occur.
This three-day course will help you teach participants how to:
- Understand what workplace violence is
- Identify some warning signs of violence
- Understand the cycle of anger
- Understand Albert Bandura's behavior wheel and how it applies to anger
- Use a seven-step process for managing their anger and others' anger
- Have better communication and problem solving skills, which will reduce frustration and anger
- Develop some other ways of managing anger, including coping thoughts and relaxation techniques
- Use the nine components of an organizational approach to managing anger, including risk assessment processes
- Act if a violent incident occurs in the workplace, on both an individual and organizational level
Receive instant access to SoftSkills training materials that are designed for trainers when teaching others.